Saturday, April 2, 2016

Red Cape Romance Presents Saturday Review Spotlight of Tackle by Holly Hart


Synopsis:

The rule journalists live by?
Never become the story.
And whatever you do, don't sleep with him!

Diana:

My life's changing so fast I've got whiplash! Two weeks ago, the only reporting I did was for the website... Cute little league stuff - yeah, I was that junior.

Now I'm in Barcelona, Spain, reporting on the biggest signing in US soccer history - the tanned, ripped, and outrageously cocky superstar striker Alex Rodriquez. Suddenly my career's not just going places, it's flying there business class.

Fast cars, late nights and loose women? Alex is any journalist's wet dream. He's my one chance to show that I'm more than just a pretty face. And I'm going to snatch it with both hands, even if that means sacrificing his career to send mine to the stratosphere.

I'm supposed to be the new face of WBC Sports. But I don't even recognize the girl staring back at me in the mirror.

Alex:

I'm more than just a bad boy. It wasn't easy growing up in inner city LA, and I didn't just make it out, I made it to the pinnacle of my sport - playing offense for the world's best club in Barcelona! But that Diana b@tch is painting me out to be no better than a ghetto gangbanger!

I hate her. I want her. And I'm going to take her.

Goodreads:



Review:

First I have to say that I love love love Soccer. I watch it every chance I get and FIFA oh man I am attached to my TV and watch nothing but Soccer. So when I had a chance to read an ARC copy of Tackle I jumped at the chance to read it and I have to say that I was not disappointed! Holly brought us the world of soccer with accurate and true descriptions. I mean she hit the nail on the head with this book.

In Tackle we get to meet Alex and Diana. Diana is a reporter just trying to make a name for herself to move up in the news world. When she gets the chance of a lifetime by reporting on the superstar soccer player Alex Rodriquez. She is determined to be the new face of WBC sports.

Alex is a bad boy on and off the field. He comes from the mean streets of LA and fights his way to make a name for himself in soccer. When he becomes a superstar soccer player and becomes a household name he is excited except for one thing the nosy reporter who is reporting his bad things about him. He hates her but at the same time he wants her. She is beautiful and ugly all at the same time and he is not sure what to do.

Will Alex and Diana get together or will Diana's reporting destroy what they could have....... 

No comments: