Monday, July 2, 2012

No Hero by Mallory Kane Blog Stop and Interview with Mallory

THE DEAD SEXY AN ENTANGLED PUBLISHING IMPRINT TOUR 2012

A darkly handsome New Orleans detective who insists he’s no hero is blindsided by his one-time lover, a sexy investigative TV reporter, who exposes his secret troubled past to the whole world...and nearly costs him his job. When the at-risk teens he mentors start turning up dead, his vow to protect the other kids hits a major snag...his only clue to finding the determined killer is held by the one woman he never wants to see again. Compelled to work together to solve the vicious murders before another child dies, their passion reluctantly reignites, and their mutual mistrust slowly turns to respect as she realizes there’s much more to being a hero than outward appearances, and his deeply wounded heart gradually opens to the possibility of love.

MY REVIEW

The Dead Sexy Imprint by Entangled is an assortment of books from the great Authors of Entangled that are packed with mystery, romance and suspense and mind blowing writing. I had the pleasure of reading No Hero by Mallory Kane and I have never read a book like this. It had so many things going on that I could not put it down. I kept reading early into the morning because I had to find out what happened to boys.

In this Mystery and romance Dev is a detective who is helping boys get off the street and into good homes before they end up dead. See there is a serial killer on the lose and will stop at nothing to kill these boys. The killer believes that they will not get caught because the boys are unwanted and unaccounted for but the killer will realize soon enough that Detective Gautier will stop at nothing to catch this killer. He has a soft spot for these boys because of his upbringing and he will team up with the most unlikeliest person Meg a reporter who nearly destroyed his life by reporting the facts as she saw it in regards to Detective Gautier's past life.Will Dev open his heart up to Meg after she tore it open? Will he forgive her for the past?

Meg is a reporter for the news and Detective Gautier wants to team up with her to catch the serial killer but the only thing that is holding her back is the fact that she knows he hates her and she is worried at first about working with him. Once she gets over her initial apprehensions they begin to work together and that kiss that they shared ions ago sparks more than a few flames. As they get closer to solving who the murderer is the romance between them starts to heat up. When Meg and Dev do figure out who the killer is it is not who they expected.Will Meg open up her heart to Dev? Will she learn that sometimes news can destroy a person? Will she learn what true love is? Will she give her heart to Dev?

For one hell of a ride read No Hero! It will keep you up and down and in the end between the romance and the suspense and the back drop story you will be clutching your Kindle or Nook, I know I was! Happy Beach Reading from Entangled! In one word this book is CALIENTE! Want more sexy reads by Entangled click on the link to see what else is HOT off the press http://www.entangledpublishing.com/category/dead-sexy/

INTERVIEW WITH MALLORY KANE

Good morning A Diary of a Book Addict is so excited to have Mallory Kane author of No Hero here today. Thank you Mallory for stopping by and sharing a few things with us. You must be so excited to be a part of Entangled’s Dead Sexy Tour. I am so happy you came by to visit with us.

You have written lots of books can you tell us who your favorite character is from No Hero and why? 

My favorite character in No Hero is the hero, Devereux Gautier. He's been in my head for quite a few years, and he's my favorite hero, bar none.

How long did it take for you to write No Hero? 

All together. Maybe 6 months. But that's definitely not 6 chronological months. I wrote his book originally several years ago. Recently, once I'd sold it to Entangled, I rewrote it.

Did you go to New Orleans to do some research for the book?

 Every chance I get! J Not during the rewrite, sadly, but I lived for 30 years in Jackson, Mississippi, which is only a little over 2 hours from New Orleans and a few of my very favorite friends live there, so I have been to New Orleans more times than I can count and will definitely go many times again. And trust me, every single time is research!

Can you tell us 5 random things about Dev we did not get to see in the book? Wow. This is a really great question.

· It took Dev months to trust Thibaud. After Thibaud went to sleep, Dev would go sit at the front door and try to get up the courage NOT to run away.

· He'd hardly spoken to anyone in two years when Thibaud caught him stealing whiskey.

· Dev still had nightmares, even 20 years after the night he was forced to kill his stepfather.

· Dev's best friend in the world is Cody Maxwell. He sat with Cody all night, when Cody was sure Fontenot had killed his wife Dana. For Dev, that was the toughest night of his life.

· Until Dev admitted he loved Connor, he was jealous of Cody and Dana's relationship, although he'd never have told them.

Can you give us 5 random things about Reghan we did not read in the book?

· Reghan had only slept with one other man when she first slept with Dev.

· When Reghan first met Dev, he did his best to charm the pants off her (so to speak.) It really pissed her off that it worked.

· Reghan's hair isn't naturally red. It's dark brown. She dyes it--all of it. Don't tell Dev.

· Reghan found herself a little jealous of Dana, Cody's wife, because of how much Dev obviously loved her.

· Reghan gets pregnant as soon as Dev comes home from the hospital. It's a boy.

Where is your favorite place to write?

I love sitting in my guest room. We have a split-level house and the windows of the guest room have the appearance of looking out of a tree house. It's great inspiration.

Where is your favorite place to visit in the summer?

I just got a new place, the south of France. We had a wonderful opportunity to visit there this May. I've got my fingers crossed that we can go again next summer. It's rustic and quiet and gorgeous and inspirational.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your books with us. I have just one more question who is your hero and why?

My hero was, is and will always be my father. Daddy was my biggest fan. He read everything I ever wrote and encouraged me to write more. He always told me I could do anything and he led by example. He was an All-American basketball player, a decorated war hero, an exceptional and revered basketball coach and a brilliant, caring and kind husband and father. He died in 2010 and I miss him every day. Trust me, it's hard to lose your biggest fan.

Thanks,
Taneesha@http://adiaryofabookaddict.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for the spectacular questions. They're the best I've seen and I so enjoyed answering them. I hope your readers have as much fun reading the answers as I had answering the questions.

mallory@mallorykane.com
http://www.mallorykane.com
http://www.facebook.com/mallorykane
https://twitter.com/#!/mallorykane
http://www.entangledpublishing.com/no-hero/

No comments: